Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Side trips

 Oh I am so easily side-tracked, but at least  I am on the right map!  I am supposed to be piecing together my Mod Sampler but instead I have been putting together double hourglass blocks.... I saw a great tutorial for this quilt on one of my fave blogs Cluck Cluck Sew back in 2009.  Alison is brilliant.  It has been on my 'To Do' list ever since.
 Ah well, I am still in 'quilt land', and really liking being fully immersed in sewing projects!  I have sewn 80 blocks of these beauties.  They are so nice to sew and really give me an opportunity to showcase many of my favourite fabrics. Lots of American Jane, Bliss & other assorted 1930's repro fabrics. 
Here is another diversion - I spent last Saturday at a free motion quilting class.  I may not be ready to re create this beautiful feathering, but I am ready to quilt flowers!

2 comments:

Knatolee said...

Your quilting is beautiful! I haven't really done any since leaving Abbotsford (I was taking classes there.) I really want to get back into it... I need to find a place around here that offers quilting classes. Certainly there are enough quilters around. :) Love the fabrics you buy!

Darlene Barnes Rosner said...

Hello Knatolee !!

Besides classes, there are amazing blogs and website that might just do the trick for you! Try Moda Bakeshop or SewMamaSew. Others - Cluck Cluck Sew or Red Pepper Quilts.

Thanks for the nice comment; I like the fabrics I buy too, I have a bit of a problem... keep buying and buying, so it is good to sew some up! cheers and have a great week.