Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Modern quilt block sampler

Ok this is the 3rd (third!)  set of fabric choices for our Fraser Valley Quilt Guild challenge. 
The challenge.... to re-create the Modern Quilt Sampler designed by Elizabeth Hartman of "Oh Fransson" . This is a great sampler. It is beautiful, elegant, simple; lending itself to many different fabric combos.... hence my dilemma. 
Don't think I don't recognize 'my dilemma' as a thinly disguised procrastination.  I am a terrible procrastinator!  My motto for all quilting or sewing projects should be "just sew the da** thing!".
And the first two selections for this Mod Sampler quilt?  They were beautiful - the first was a lovely selection of bright oranges (Meadow Sweet a la Sandi Henderson) with white and grey solids; the 2nd was a fabulous range of Bliss fabrics with lots of pinks, reds & aquas.
The great part of this project being a Guild challenge is that I must have this top completed by next meeting - so first week of November!  Stay tuned.

No comments: