Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mini Bolts

See the bolts of fabric, to the left of the wicker basket?  There is a clever idea circulating around the blogosphere lately.... a way to display and sort  quilt fabrics.  This method is called 'mini bolts', whereby a piece of sturdy cardstock/cardboard (approx 7" x 11") is wrapped with half a yard or more of quilting cotton. It is folded/wrapped and then I use one of my crazy quilt pins to secure it.  The result .... a mini bolt of quilt fabric that is much easier to display than having everything in baskets!  You know, a mini version of a bolt of fabric from a quilt shop. This reminds of playing 'house' when I was a kid, except now I can pretend my sewing room is my own fabric store.  I will have to come up with a name for my store!  Also, I have re-discovered fabric purchases from a year or so ago... wow I have lots of fabrics.

No comments: