Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Potholder Swap with VMQG

This lovely Potholder swap that our Fraser Valley Modern Quilt guild is having with the Vancouver Modern guild has really added to the season's excitement.  I mailed out my potholders early this week and now I await my potholders by mail.

Good old fashioned parcels in the mail!  How sweet is that?
These are my potholders!  I finished them on the Remembrance Day long weekend - I let them sit on my table for weeks!
This was my inspiration!  This is a 4 inch double hourglass block....I have made so many of these blocks, all sizes.  I love them and plan to make a large vintage-vibe quilt.
I love the Michael Miller 'fifties kitchen" fabric on the back!
 Ooh, this is the last day of November but my Christmas spirit is in full swing.  I usually start to feel it's full effects when I need it most, like the week before December 25th. That is when I need that extra inspiration to get me through all my Christmas preparations.  It works for me every year.
But my Christmas spirit arrived the last week of November this year. I am glad.  I really want to savour this time - from the Christmas cards, the baking, the vintage craft markets, the get-togethers; and those wonderful long letters from dear friends.


1 comment:

Holly said...

I'm the lucky recipient of these beautiful potholders! I got your parcel in the mail yesterday and made myself finish off my own potholders before opening it. What a treat! I love that 50s kitchen fabric and the potholders are in Christmasy colours that are subtle enough to use them all year round.

Thanks so much!