Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Productive week

Booked a week off from work to work on some house projects.  The project list is long. What can I say?  I always envision getting more accomplished than I can, but it was a productive week.
Didn't really think I would get through my long list, not in one week, just the same it is fun to look back at our progress.
First, the process of elimination of the paint colour - there were three contenders; our final choice was nothing too wild this time around (Benjamin Moore "Old Prairie"), actually the most neutral color choice in decades.

  Then always a favourite part of the job, taking the room apart. Love doing that!  It is probably because we have lived in the same house so long (25 years) and this is close to simulating that 'new house' feel. You know, the empty rooms that echo when you talk, & blank walls waiting for you to make your move.
Hub is a good sport about my re-decorating bug, mostly. Motorhead fans aren't normally occupied with decorating ideas.  He never really sees the need, but is great about moving furniture from floor to floor of the house. My grand plan always unfolds while in progress - I begin with a notion and then let it take us wherever it goes.
So this week, we had a notion to go to IKEA - always good for ideas. We really enjoy seeing the young couples and families shopping for home stuff.  I really liked these Jennylund chairs, especially the one hub is sitting in - but he wasn't as enchanted as I was.
I really liked these Jennylund chairs, especially the one hub is sitting in - but he wasn't as enchanted as I was.
  Our big IKEA purchase this week were these Vallvik shelves - however we managed to fill them up very quickly, (shhhh!) we really should've bought at least another two sections. There are still boxes of books & all our CD's that we aren't ready to part with yet.....Oh well, next time.
We did stop by my favourite furniture store in Langley and hub bought this beautiful hutch for all of my dishes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice hutch. Nice hub also! Home happiness.

Knatolee said...

It's looking great, and those Ikea chairs are so cute! We need to redecorate our house in the worst way... I like those bookshelves a lot.