Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Scrap Happy WIP (Works in Progress) - Spool Quilt Top Completed

This is a very fun project & since this photo was snapped  this quilt top has already been 'sandwiched' to the batting (or wadding as the Australians say - cute!) & the backing fabric.  Looking forward to machine quilting this beauty asap.
The top measures approximately 36 X 48 inches.

The only hard part for me was deciding which fabric to use for the borders. I eventually went with a cute 'Snippets' pattern by American Jane. It is a 1930's inspired print and I think it suits the scrappy spools. Can't wait to hang this small quilt up in my sewing room.
If you missed my earlier post, this project was inspired by a tutorial that I found on a great blog, Freda's Hive. Check it out, so cute.


No comments: