Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Mid November -the beginning of the Christmas season.....

 Well it is almost mid November. I have made myself a little rule to follow regarding the Christmas season, I refer to when it 'officially' starts at our house aka when do I start Christmas baking and decorating! 
The rule, and I think it is a good one, is that we do not put up any Christmas decorations until after Remembrance Day on November 11th.  It is appropriate I think.  
After Remembrance Day, I give myself permission to begin, so this weekend I will be snooping through our Christmas totes and boxes &  begin putting up/out a few choice, cheery items.  Again this is another nice thing about being mid-aged is that over the decades we have lived in this house I have been able to collect items that mean the most to our family, hub, our children & myself especially.  Not always the most lavish or formal - sometimes very humble, but the most meaningful. I know what I like about the season of Christmas. Besides the plentiful food and baking, all the decorations, Christmas signifies 'family' (made up of kin and good friends!); thankfulness; remembrance of the year that has past and looking forward to a new year. Also little baby Jesus always makes me feel happy about life and helps me to see my humble part in the lives of my family.  Can I explain what I mean?  Not exactly, but all of these reasons make me love Christmas. 
Mid November is the beginning of Christmas season, much like the month of June begins the summer. I love this time.


No comments: