Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Diamond Lil quilt

Happy Friday.  Of course, it is rainy but this is the Fraser Valley and it is only February. I have spent the morning running loads of laundry, the dishwasher and to celebrate a Friday at home.... finishing my Diamond Lil quilt top. Last Saturday I participated in a wonderful workshop hosted by Ridge Meadows Quilt guild. They host the most amazing workshops!
Here are all my fabric strips all precut, pressed and packed.

This is our instructor's quilt. Her name is Lil hence my quilt's name, "Diamond Lil".  She used Balipop batiks, but I always want to use my vintage vibe fabrics!  I loved the latticed diamond pattern.  Something I had never done before.  Lil has been a quilter for a long time and I loved her 'old school' methods.... pencil, paper and ruler.  She was a treat to work with!
 A lot of Bliss by Bonnie & Camille and some prints from "Annie's Farm Stand" which I adore. This morning I am 'auditioning' fabrics for the border and the binding...
HAPPY SEWING ALL !

2 comments:

Holly said...

Wow! What a difference fabric selection makes on that quilt. Love your fresh vintage look! That binding is going to be perfect.

Rebecca said...

I love the look of your fabrics with that pattern! Beautiful!