Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

August and my WIP ...work in progress...

Summer months always bring out a relaxed creativity... not sure why, but I see more possibilities during these months... Maybe it's the flip flops, the magazines carelessly left on loungers, the windows opened 24/7.  Everything is alot more easy-going....
This is a quilt I started last year for my mom, a pinwheel pattern that I saw on Pleasant Home! I was so inspired. I made lots of blocks, and prepared lots more HST (half square triangles) but I just 'lost' the 'thread' so to speak.  I just didn't want to sew all the blocks together... didn't like all the white (not sure what that is about) and so all my blocks just sat around my sewing room. 

Then one day I was sorting through fabrics and.....

I had laid out some bright, beautiful Heather Bailey fabrics, and..........
'Ta Da'!  Hello Inspiration!

I loved the brights with the pinwheel blocks.  I was no longer 'stalled', and started laying out fabric and blocks all over the kitchen table.


Now my previously stalled project, is now an active WIP again!


I should have this top completed before Tuesday night!  I am so excited.  Yay, Heather Bailey to the rescue!






No comments: